Item No: pdcf00191
Title: Haddington Branch
Additional Title: Exterior view of the Haddington Branch, 1966
Historic Street Address:
446 North 65th Street
Print and Picture Collection
The Haddington Branch of the Free Library opened on December 3, 1915. It was the 18th library building erected using funds from Andrew Carnegie. This exterior view was taken in the spring of 1966, following a major renovation. The most obvious change to the exterior is the windows, the top halves having been stuccoed over.
Located at the top of a hill, at 65th Street & Girard Avenue, the library serves the communities of Haddington-Carroll Park and Overbrook-Morris Park.