Item No: pdcf00193
Title: Haddington Branch
Additional Title: Interior view of the Haddington Branch, 1989
Historic Street Address:
446 North 65th Street
Print and Picture Collection
The Haddington Branch of the Free Library opened on December 3, 1915. It was the 18th library building erected using funds from Andrew Carnegie.
This interior view of the Haddington Branch was taken in January of 1989, at the reopening event following another renovation. Principal changes include window alterations, new flooring and shelving, and painting. Interestingly, the chandeliers were retained, unlike renovations to other similar branches in the 1980s.
Located at the top of a hill, at 65th Street & Girard Avenue, the library serves the communities of Haddington-Carroll Park and Overbrook-Morris Park.
Clark, Nate - Photographer