Item No: pdcf00266
Title: Logan Branch
Additional Title: Logan Branch after basement fire, 1962
Historic Street Address:
1333 Wagner Avenue
Print and Picture Collection
The Logan Branch was the 21st Free Library branch built using funds donated by Andrew Carnegie; it opened on November 16, 1918. Modernization of the interior was performed in 1959. This photograph shows fire and water damage to the main room, in the aftermath of a 1962 basement fire. Extensive rehabilitation was undertaken, and the library reopened in 1963.
The Logan Branch serves the residents of the Logan neighborhood.