Item No: pdcc01374
Title: The Old Market House, Callowhill & New Market Streets
Historic Street Address:
Callowhill & Newmarket Streets
Print and Picture Collection
Shows the old market house on Callowhill Street at the corner with New Market, east of Second Street. The single-story building was the last landmark of one of the oldest markets in the city. Beyond the market house, on the left, is the old Gaul's Brewery which later became the first brewery belonging to John F. Betz.
Newell, Robert, 1822-1897 - Photographer
Castner, Samuel, Jr., 1843-1929 - Compiler