Item No: pdcf00341
Title: Nicetown-Tioga Branch
Additional Title: In situ three-quarter view of the Nicetown Branch, date unknown
Historic Street Address:
1715 Hunting Park Avenue
Print and Picture Collection
The Nicetown Branch opened in 1897, in the converted Pfund's Hall at 4015 Germantown Avenue. In 1917, the branch was relocated to a new building at 1715 Hunting Park Avenue, becoming the 20th Free Library branch funded by Andrew Carnegie. Its exterior is pictured here in situ, date unknown.
The branch relocated again in 1958, to a converted Linton's Restaurant, when it was renamed the Nicetown-Tioga Branch (and subsequently remodeled in 1961).
The Nicetown-Tioga Branch serves the communities of Nicetown and Tioga, situated close to the Erie station of the Broad Street Subway.