Item No: pdcf00345
Title: Nicetown-Tioga Branch
Additional Title: Architect's rendering of the to-be-remodeled Nicetown-Tioga Branch, ca. 1959
Historic Street Address:
3720 North Broad Street
Print and Picture Collection
The Nicetown Branch opened in 1897, in the converted Pfund's Hall at 4015 Germantown Avenue. In 1917, the branch was relocated to a new Andrew Carnegie-funded building at 1715 Hunting Park Avenue.
The branch relocated once more in 1958, to a converted Linton's Restaurant at 3720 North Broad Street, at which time it was renamed the Nicetown-Tioga Branch. In 1961, it was extensively remodeled and modernized, as seen in this architect's rendering of the exterior for the project in 1959.
The Nicetown-Tioga Branch serves the communities of Nicetown and Tioga, situated close to the Erie station of the Broad Street Subway.
Wallace & Warner - Architect
Oakes, Earle, 1923-2011 - Artist