Item No: pdcf00113
Title: Northern Liberties Branch
Additional Title: Exterior view of the Northern Liberties Branch, 1941
Historic Street Address:
601 Fairmount Avenue
Print and Picture Collection
The Northern Liberties Branch was in operation from October 1939 until May 27, 1949. It occupied one large classroom in the Kearny Elementary School, on the first floor at the back of the building. The school, opened in 1921 and still open today, was named after Civil War General Philip P. Kearny.
Serving the Northern Liberties neighborhood, it was adminstered by the Library Extension Department, and was charged no rent or maintenance costs.
United States. Works Progress Administration of Pennsylvania - Photographer