Item No: pdcf00511
Title: Wyoming Branch
Additional Title: Interior view of the Wyoming Branch basement, 1962, prior to rehabilitation
Historic Street Address:
231 East Wyoming Avenue
Print and Picture Collection
The Wyoming Branch was the last of the 25 Free Library branches funded by Andrew Carnegie, opening in 1930. In fact, it turned out to be the last library in the world constructed with funds donated by the great library philanthropist. This 1962 image of the basement was taken just prior to a major rehabilitation of the interior.
The Wyoming Branch serves the Juniata/Feltonville neighborhoods.