Item No: pdcf00569
Title: West Oak Lane Branch
Additional Title: Sculpture titled "Bear Cubs With Frog," at the West Oak Lane Branch, 1965
Historic Street Address:
2000 Washington Lane
Print and Picture Collection
The West Oak Lane Branch first opened to the public on August 26, 1957. Seen in this image is the sculpture “Bear Cubs With Frog," commissioned for the branch, and created by sculptor George Papashvily in 1965. It is installed in the teen reading area.
The West Oak Lane Branch serves West Oak Lane and parts of Cedarbrook, Ivy Hill, and East Mt. Airy.
Papashvily, George, 1898-1978 - Artist