Item No: pdcc01978
Title: Castner Scrapbook v.4, Old Houses 1, page 1B
Print and Picture Collection
Item pdcc00213, top left [image dimensions 16.4 cm x 12.5 cm]:
Below the print is the inscription: "afterwards known as the Academy, and occupied by the College of Philadelphia and University of Pennsylvania, with the adjoining building occupied by the Charitable Scools."
Item pdcc00214, bottom left [image dimensions 14.0 cm x 12.0 cm]:
Below the image is the following inscription: This was the residence of Col. Arnold previous to the Revolution, and in the garret was found the sign which hung over his store door while an innocent dealer in drugs and books. It is painted alike on both sides, and bears the following inscription: "B. Arnold, Druggist, Bookseller, &c.., from London." This house, which has been a handsome frame building, is now standing in Water Street, near the shipyard, but is rapidly going to decay.
Item pdcc00215, top right [image dimensions 10.4 cm x 12.2 cm]:
Written in pencil on the lower margin: Arch, above Front, south side.
Building demolished: YES
A917.481 P536 v.4
Castner, Samuel, Jr., 1843-1929 - Compiler
Arnold, Benedict, 1741-1801
Bogert, J. Augustus - Engraver