Step 1: Explore career pathways through Philly Career Launch
Join us for a day of self-reflection, small group discussion, and information sharing. In this virtual session, we will help you:
- Take stock of your skills, strengths, and interests
- Think about how they might point you toward a career pathway
- Introduce you to four industries that are ripe with opportunities for career seekers: Health Care, Information Technology, Manufacturing, and Construction and Skilled Trades
- Familiarize you with library tools and resources that can help you launch your career
Each session takes place from 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Participants are encouraged to attend the full session, however, drop-ins are welcome. Choose from one of five dates in May and register via the corresponding links:
All sessions are free, but registration is required. Participants will be emailed Zoom meeting information upon registration.
Step 2: Find a training program using the Career Training Database
Visitors to the Free Library website now have the chance to explore training opportunities in Philadelphia through our new Career Training Database
. This database contains information on more than 180 training programs that aim to equip workers with the necessary skills to qualify for jobs and careers in industries that offer a family-sustaining wage, benefits, job security, and safe working conditions. The programs highlighted require, at most, a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
You can find the Career Training Database at the newly expanded Job Seekers section, which offers an array of free virtual career workshops, one-on-one appointments with library staff, and access to career resources and databases.
Step 3: Connect with employers at the Career Fair
Don't miss your chance to make vital connections with industry experts at the Philly Career Launch Virtual Career Fair. At this week's worth of sessions, you can expect to:
- Connect directly with training programs that put you on a career pathway
- Learn through employer panels about four featured industries: Health Care, Information Technology, Manufacturing, and Construction and Skilled Trades
- Meet with prospective employers in industries that are hiring
Each day will begin with networking from 9:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m., and then sessions will take place every hour on the hour, with a 10-minute break in between, from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Drop in for any session throughout the week and register via the corresponding links:
All sessions are free, but registration is required. Participants will be emailed Zoom meeting information upon registration. A full agenda will also be emailed to registrants the week before the event begins and specifics on each day's session will be emailed to registrants the evening before.
You can find a complete schedule of upcoming Philly Career Launch events and programs on our calendar.