Take advantage of helpful guides and resources around the internet.
Foundation Center Resources
Directories of Grant and Funding Resources
- Getting Legal & Staying Legal - Courtesy of Karl Emerson, Esq. and Sharon Wilson, Esq. from their workshop for the Regional Foundation Center on May 15, 2012.
- Create a 12-Week Major Gift Campaign
Training materials from the Create a 12-Week Major Gift Campaign by Andy Robinson, June 21, 2011.
- Growing your Prospect Pipeline: Prospect Research and Screening
Courtesy of Stuart Entwistle, WealthEngine, from his workshop for the Regional Foundation Center
- Introduction to Federal Funding for Nonprofits (PPP)
Courtesy of Del Wesley and Bobby Polito, from their workshop for the RFC on March 9, 2010
- The Four Connecting Points: Communication that Leads to Action (podcast)
Listen to a Free Library of Philadelphia program by Andy Goodman, recorded October 15, 2009, sponsored by the Regional Foundation Center, with support from our Advisory Council.
- Outreach Planning Template
Courtesy of Andy Goodman, from his workshop The Four Connecting Points: Communication that Leads to Action.
- Idealist Guide to Nonprofit Careers
Free resources for emerging professionals pursuing their first position in the nonprofit sector.
- To The Point
Free answers to legal inquiries from local experts in the field of nonprofits and philanthropy; a service of “Don Kramer’s Nonprofit Issues”.
- Capital Research Center
Resources on philanthropic giving and nonprofits, including free full-text periodicals ‘Compassion and Culture’, ‘Foundation Watch’ and ‘Alternatives in Philanthropy’.
- National Center for Charitable Statistics
The national clearinghouse of data on the nonprofit sector in the United States. A program of the Center on Nonprofits and Philanthropy at the Urban Institute.
- ProPublica Nonprofit Explorer
Includes nonprofit tax return data released by the IRS in April 2013 for tax returns processed by the IRS during 2012. This generally consists of filings for the 2011 fiscal year, but may include older records.
- The Management Assistance Group
A selection of free tools and publications on board matters, strategic planning and nonprofit management.
Build a Better Board Oct. 25, 2011
- Soliciting Donations from Individuals
Ideas for raising money from individuals online.
- Economic Crisis
Social sector fiscal focus websites to help nonprofits survive this severe economic downtown.
Resources on general philanthropy, fundraising, nonprofit management and proposal writing.
Links to professional associations, salary guidelines and surveys, position listings and educational opportunities.
- Nonprofit Start-Up Options
Definitions, fiscal sponsorship options and legal, organizational and financial information for people thinking of starting a nonprofit organization.
- Individual Artists
Links to sites that offer fiscal sponsorship, residencies, grants, promotions, membership and advocacy to artists in many fields.