In 1938, Philadelphia public school principal Dr. George E. Brunson visited the Free Library with Knee-Hi, his wire-haired terrier, to assist with a summer reading initiative. Ever since, Knee-Hi has been lovingly referred to as the Free Library’s mascot. In the spirit of Knee-Hi and Dr. Brunson, the Knee-Hi Society provides parents and children unparalleled access to the Free Library’s literacy resources through fun family activities, insider publications, and invitations to special events
Supporters Circle | $250 to $499 | Join or Renew
All but $90 is tax deductible
All but $190 is tax deductible
All Supporters Circle benefits, plus:
- Invitation to annual Knee-Hi Society pizza party at the Parkway Central Library
- Two complimentary adult tickets to the Free Library’s annual Family Fest
- Children's librarians’ list of the hottest books of the year
- Subscription to Off the Shelf newsletter and the Knee-Hi edition of Footnotes, the Library's monthly e-newletter
- Invitation to annual President’s Storytime and family reception
- Copy of the annual One Book, One Philadelphia youth companion book
- Complimentary Family Pass to the Library’s annual Family Fest (entry for two adults and two children)
- On-site recognition at Family Fest
For more information, please contact The Free Library of Philadelphia Foundation at 215-567-7710 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under IRS rules, donors may not receive benefits as a result of a gift made through a third-party funding source (i.e. donor advised funds, family foundations, United Way). Payments cannot be made toward the tax-deductible portion of a gift through a third-party when there is an associated non-deductible portion. If you wish to participate in a membership society and receive benefits, you may not make the payment through a third-party; the entire amount must be paid personally. If you choose to waive benefits, you may make payment through a third-party but must confirm in writing that no benefits will be received. For more information, please contact the Free Library of Philadelphia Foundation at email@example.com or 215-567-7710.