This November, the Free Library will be hosting enrollment fairs for federal marketplace (Affordable Care Act/Obamacare) health insurance. You can find out more about the Affordable Care Act (ACA), how to get assistance, and resources on our website. You can also visit healthcare.gov at any time to learn more about the plans and the enrollment process, including your eligibility and making any changes to your current plan.
This year, customers can enroll in a health insurance plan using the healthcare marketplace between November 1 and December 15, 2017. You do not need an appointment to speak with a healthcare navigator at the library! These ACA Open Enrollment 2017 Health Fairs will be open to everyone, and will also include tables from local health organizations so you can learn about diabetes, healthy eating, sexual health, and other important topics. At each of these fairs, you will be able to:
- Learn about and compare health insurance plans
- Get your questions answered
- Enroll in the right plan for you and your family
Visit us at one of the ACA Open Enrollment 2017 Health Fairs listed below:
If you are planning to attend one of these health fairs and you would like to enroll, please have the following items with you:
- Home and/or mailing address
- A functional email address and password
- Social Security Numbers (or document numbers for legal immigrants)
- If employed, employer and income information for every member of your household who needs coverage (for example, from pay stubs or W-2 forms- Wage and Tax Statements)
- Policy numbers for any current health insurance plans covering members of your household
If you can’t make it to one of these fairs, you can still make an appointment with a navigator from one of our partner agencies or by calling 1-800-318-2596.