New year, new you! Let one of our new Home Gym Kits help support your health and fitness goals. You can use your library card to borrow the kit for up to two weeks.
Inside the kit you will find:
- A non-slip yoga mat
- A resistance band for strength training
- A jump rope for a warm-up or cardio workouts
- A Workout Log to track your goals and progress
Visit these Neighborhood Libraries to join the Free Library wellness community and borrow a Home Gym Kit:
- South Philadelphia Library | 1700 South Broad Street
- Joseph E. Coleman Northwest Regional Library | 68 Chelten Avenue
- Richmond Library | 2987 Almond Street
- Tacony Library | 6742 Torresdale Avenue
- Overbrook Park Library | 7422 Haverford Avenue
- Lillian Marrero Library | 601 West Lehigh Avenue
Not sure what to do with home gym equipment? Get started with these exercises:
Push-Ups or Modified Push-Ups
Resistance Band Tricep Extensions (Seated or Standing)
Resistance Band Bicep Curls (Seated or Standing)
Resistance Band Chest Press (Seated or Standing)
Resistance Band Bent Over Row
Home Gym Kits are made available through the new Healthy Communities program, a partnership with the Philadelphia Department of Public Health’s Division of Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention and the Free Library of Philadelphia that increases our capacity to offer free and accessible cooking, physical activity, gardening, and mindfulness programming at neighborhood libraries throughout Philadelphia.
Medical approval is always recommended when starting an exercise program.