Item No: pdcc00036
Title: Millbourne Mills Company
Additional Title: Cobbs Creek, 63rd & Market St.
Print and Picture Collection
Image shows a horse-drawn wagon standing in front of a low building. Displayed on the side of the wagon is painted a large picture of a mill above which is written the following sign: Flour Mill of 1814. Millbourne Mills Company. This mill was built and owned by Jno. Sellers, 2nd., and operated as a Grist and Merchant Mill by Jno. Sellers, 3rd. The price of Wheat in the Counties West of philadelphia was regulated by this Mill.
The rear panel of the wagon bears the following script: Grain was received by this Mill from over the Alleghanies by the Old Conestoga Wagons.
A team of four horses in full harness stand in front of the wagon.
Source: Delaware County History Homepage
Link to source: www.delcohistory.org/ashmead/ashmead_pg547.htm
A917.481 P536 v.1
unidentified - Photographer
Castner, Samuel, Jr., 1843-1929 - Compiler