Item No: pdcc00043
Title: The Blue Anchor Tavern, as it stands today.
Historic Street Address:
Front & Dock Streets
Print and Picture Collection
The Blue Anchor Tavern stood at Front and Dock Streets and was the first building to be erected within the Philadelphia city limits. Originally a simple wooden structure it was rebuilt in brick as the city grew. The image here is of a well-developed Dock Street with many multi-storied buildings and a thriving commercial life - very different from the same site 200 year before when it was first built.
A917.481 P536 v.1
Castner, Samuel, Jr., 1843-1929 - Compiler
Guest, George, 1771-1831