Castner Scrapbook v.8, Financial, page 18Historical Images of Philadelphia Castner Scrapbook Collection
Media Type: Scrapbooks
Source: Print and Picture Collection
Item pdcc00688, top left [image dimensions 8.0 cm x 7.5 cm]:
Half of a mounted steroscopic view showing the headquarters of the Philadelphia Savings Fund Society located on the Southwest corner of Seventh and Walnut Streets. Built in 1869, the italianate-styled building was designed by Addison Hutton. The monumental entrance on Walnut Street has a classical surround. Above the granite facade is a dentil cornice surmounted by a balustrade. Additions were made to the original structure in 1885 by Hutton, and again in 1897-8 by Frank Furness. It is a designated historic building.
Item pdcc00690, top right [image dimensions 11.4 cm x 14.5 cm]:
Reproduction of a drawing depicting a scene along Walnut Street at the corner of Seventh. Shows the Italianate-styled headquarters of the Philadelphia Saving Fund Society gracing the Northwest corner of Washington Square (on the left). Also shows people on the sidewalk in front of the Square, and horse-drawn vehicles passing by.
Item pdcc00691, bottom [image dimensions 13.5 cm x 21.4 cm]:
Depicts the banking house of the Philadelphia Savings Fund Society situated on the Southwest corner of Seventh and Walnut Streets. Designed in the italianate style by Addison Hutton, the granite structure was built in 1869. Additions were made by Frank Furness in 1897-98.
Geocode Latitude: Geocode Longitude:-75.152584
Call Number: A917.481 P536 v.8
Creator Name: Castner, Samuel, Jr., 1843-1929 - Compiler
Hutton, Addison, 1834-1916 - Architect
Furness, Frank, 1839-1912 - Architect
Van Ingen & Snyder - Engraver
Snyder, Henry M. - Engraver
Van Ingen, William H., approximately 1831- - Engraver