Item No: pdcc00641
Title: Farmers' and Mechanics' Bank, Philadelphia.
Historic Street Address:
427 Chestnut Street
Print and Picture Collection
Depicts italianate marble facade of bank building. The Farmers' and Mechanics' Bank was headquartered here from 1855 until it merged with the Philadelphia National Bank in 1918. The American Philosophical Society acquired the building in 1981 and renamed it Benjamin Franklin Hall. Also shows, on the left, a partial view of the building in which the Girard Trust Company started its business, in 1836.
A917.481 P536 v.8
Castner, Samuel, Jr., 1843-1929 - Compiler