Castner Scrapbook v.15, Sundry Buildings 1, page 15

Historical Images of Philadelphia Castner Scrapbook Collection
Advanced
Castner Scrapbook v.15, Sundry Buildings 1, page 15

Item Info

Item No: pdcc01634
Title: Castner Scrapbook v.15, Sundry Buildings 1, page 15
Additional Title: Manufacturers' Club and two other.
Historic Street Address: 1409 Walnut Street
Historic Street Address: 219 South Sixth Street
Media Type: Scrapbooks
Source: Print and Picture Collection
Notes: Item 1, upper left: Continuation of a magazine article from the previous page about the development of postal services in early Philadelphia. 11.5 x 19.5cm.
Notes: Item 2, lower left: Reproduction of a photograph showing the façade of the Manufacturers' Club House, 1409 Walnut Street. The club house was built in 1887, the same year as the gentleman's club was founded. In 1911 a new club house was built on the same site. 7 x 18.6cm.
Notes: Item 3, upper right: A view of the Manufactures' Club near the junction of Broad and Walnut Streets. 12.5 x 17.5cm.
Notes: Item 4, lower right: Depiction of The Athenaeum, a special collections library and museum founded in 1814. Located at 219 South Sixth Street, the historic building was built in 1845 after Italianate designs by architect John Notman. Engraving. 10.7 x 9.4cm.
Creation Year: ca. 1845
Geocode Latitude: Geocode Latitude:39.946887
Geocode Longitude:-75.150872

Call Number: A917.481 P536 v.15
Creator Name: Hazelhurst & Huckel - Architect
Notman, John, 1810-1865 - Architect
Castner, Samuel, Jr., 1843-1929 - Compiler

View other associated items