Item No: pdcc01689
Title: Castner Scrapbook v.15, Sundry Buildings 1, page 70
Additional Title: Curtiss Publishing Company Building and one other
Historic Street Address:
6th & Sansom Streets
Print and Picture Collection
Image 2, lower: Newspaper article looking back at the glory days of the Musical Fund Hall, the premier concert venue in Philadelphia from 1824 to 1850. The building was located betwen 8th and 9th Streets, along Locust Street. Its original architect was William Strickland. Unidentified newspaper clipping. c.1924. 18.8 x 15.5cm.
Image 1, upper; Newspaper clipping showing the proposed plans for the design of the Curtis Publishing Company building on Sixth Street below Walnut. The plans for the Beaux Arts-styled building were drawn up by Frank C. Roberts & Co. and Edgar V. Seeler, architects and engineers. The building was completed in 1910. Clipping from the Philadelphia Press, February 7, 1908. 21 x 17.8cm.
A917.481 P536 v.15
Castner, Samuel, Jr., 1843-1929 - Compiler