Item No: pdcc01714
Title: Castner Scrapbook v.15, Sundry Buildings 1, page 95 (inside back cover)
Additional Title: Commissioners' Hall, N.W. Corner, Spring Garden Street.
Historic Street Address:
13th & Spring Garden Street, Northwest corner
Print and Picture Collection
Single item: View of the Commissioners' Hall for the Spring Garden District of Philadelphia. Built in 1848 to house the Mayor's Office and police station of the district before it was consolidated with the city in 1854. Designed in the Greek-Revival style by architect William L. Johnson, the building, which is the largest of the commissioners' halls, is adorned with a steeple built by Jacob Berger containing a clock made by T. Tyson. The building was razed c. 1892. Photograph mounted on card. 18.5 x 25 cm.
A917.481 P536 v.15
Castner, Samuel, Jr., 1843-1929 - Compiler
Johnson, William L. - Architect