Item No: pdcc00963
Title: Philadelphia Depot of the Baltimore and Ohio Railway.
Historic Street Address:
24th & Market Streets
Print and Picture Collection
Halftone reproduction of photograph showing the towered passenger station built for the Baltimore & Ohio Railway near 24th & Market Streets. Completed in 1888, the structure was designed by noted architect Frank Furness.in the Flemish Revival style. Illuminated letters on the tower spell "B & O". The railroad ended passenger service to Philadelphia in 1958, and the station was demolished in 1963.
A917.481 P536 v.10
Furness, Frank, 1839-1912 - Architect
Castner, Samuel, Jr., 1843-1929 - Compiler