Item No: pdcc02577
Title: Castner Scrapbook v.10, Transportation, page 52
Historic Street Address:
304-306 Race Street
Print and Picture Collection
Item pdcc01022, left [image dimensions 9.5 cm x 10.3 cm]:
Halftone reproduction of the old coaching house building, located at 304-306 Race Street. Shows storefront of the Excelsior Paste Co. with barrels on display in the window. Signs on the wall advertise steam flour paste, paper bag mfg, trunk and satchel mfg, paper hangers, book binders, paper box mfg, shoe mfg.
Clipping from unidentified newspaper.
Building demolished: YES
Item pdcc01035, bottom right [image dimensions 5.8 cm x 8.8 cm]:
Halftone reproduction of a Brill trolley car which was exhibited at the Centennial Exposition in 1876. Founded in Philadelphia in 1868 by John George Brill, the J. G. Brill Company became the largest manufacturer of streetcars in the country. It ceased production in 1954.
A917.481 P536 v.10
Castner, Samuel, Jr., 1843-1929 - Compiler