Advanced
Tivoli Garden.

Item Info

Item No: pdcc00481
Title: Tivoli Garden.
Historic Street Address: 13th & Market Streets
Media Type: Scrapbooks
Source: Print and Picture Collection
Notes:

Depiction of Tivoli Garden, the first public garden in Philadelphia to offer theatrical exhibitions and concerts. It stood on Market Street just west of 13th Street. Opened as The Columbian Garden in 1813 by Laurence Astolfi, a confectioner and distiller, it was re-named the Tivoli Garden by Stanislau Surin who succeeded Astolfi in 1820.


Geocode Latitude: Geocode Latitude:39.952128
Geocode Longitude:-75.161441

Call Number: A917.481 P536 v.6
Creator Name: Astolfi, Laurence
Surin, Stanislaus
Castner, Samuel, Jr., 1843-1929 - Compiler