Item No: pdcc00520
Title: North Side of Market Street, West from Seventh Street.
Historic Street Address:
727 Market Street
Print and Picture Collection
View of storefronts on the north side of Market Street looking west from 7th Street. Built as private residences circa 1790, the first floors of these buildings have already been devoted to commercial purposes when this photograph was made in 1869. The notable exception is the house with the white shutters, known as the John Perot mansion. Signage indicates Harot's restaurant; Thomsonian Medicines; and McGrath's bookstore. Awnings extend over the sidewalk which is lined with crates.
A917.481 P536 v.6
Richards, F. De B. (Frederick De Bourg) - Photographer
Castner, Samuel, Jr., 1843-1929 - Compiler