Item No: pdcc01763
Title: Castner Scrapbook v.17, Education 1, page 16
Additional Title: West Philadelphia Institute, and two others
Print and Picture Collection
Item 1, top left: Home of the University Law School. Girard Trust Building, Chestnut Street at the northeast corner of Broad Street. Designed in the Romanesque revival-style by architect Addison Hutton, this early high-rise office building was completed in 1889 for the Girard Trust Company. Tenants of the eight-story office building included the University of Pennsylvania Law School, who moved there from West Philadelphia in 1890. The building served as the Franklin National Bank before it was demolished in 1926. Photograph reproduced in unidentified publication. 7.5 x 13.7 cm.
Item 3, top right: Illustration titled "A Sunny Corner in the School Yard." Depicts a small child in the grounds of the school located at 38th and Darby Road (later, Woodland Avenue). Reproduction of pen and ink drawing. 9 x 12 cm.
A917.481 P536 v.17
Castner, Samuel, Jr., 1843-1929 - Compiler