Item No: pdcc03068
Title: Castner Scrapbook v.17, Education 1, page 85
Print and Picture Collection
Image 1, left hand side moving toward center: Newspaper article clipping, pasted in columns. This article continues from the previous page, number 84, in volume 17 of the Castner Scrapbook collection. The article shares information about the History of the Protestant Episcopal Church in Philadelphia (today located in Newtown Square, PA and know as Episcopal Academy). Mention is made of the many teachers and their respective areas of instructional expertise. Both the Society of the Alumni of the Academy and the Academy’s state-of- the-art building at Locust and Juniper Streets in Philadelphia are also discussed.
Image 2, top right: Newspaper clipping featuring a photograph of the interior of the Protestant Episcopal Academy’s Chapel, as located in the building constructed for the Academy in 1849, and situated at Locust and Juniper Streets, downtown Philadelphia. Stained windows framing a modest altar, rows of pews situated to each side of a center aisle, and a pipe organ are featured in this photograph.
Image 3, bottom right: Photograph (possibly a clipping) of a modest, one story stone building. Handwritten text accompanying the image reads: “Old School Del[aware] Co[unty] PA.” It is not clear if this featured building once housed any incarnation of the Protestant Episcopal Academy of Philadelphia (now Episcopal Academy).
A917.481 P536 v.17
Castner, Samuel, Jr., 1843-1929 - Compiler