Item No: pdcc03044
Title: Castner Scrapbook v.17, Education 1, page 61
Print and Picture Collection
Image 1, center: View showing the female boarding school, Sharon Female Seminary, established in 1837 by Hicksite Quakers, John and Rachel Jackson, at their residence in Darby, later Sharon Hill, PA. In the image, a few girls walk on the tree-lined grounds of the school. The institution's curriculum combined teacher training with a liberal arts education of natural philosophy, chemistry, astronomy, and other sciences. The school closed in the early 1850s and the property was purchased by Sister Cornelia Connelly in 1867 for Holy Child Academy. Clipping from an unknown source. 13 x 8 cm.
A917.481 P536 v.17
Castner, Samuel, Jr., 1843-1929 - Compiler
Thomas, E. W. - Artist