The house of Col. John BullHistorical Images of Philadelphia Castner Scrapbook Collection
Item No: pdcc00227
Title: The house of Col. John Bull
Additional Title: The only house in what is now Norristown, Pa. prior to 1783.Media Type: Scrapbooks
Source: Print and Picture Collection
Colonel John Bull was the original commander of the Second Pennsylvania Regiment which served in the Continental Army in 1777.
Inscription lower left reads: Taken from a sketch made by J. E. Watson, in 1828 - then the tavern of Richard Richardson.
The two-story stone house is shown with a covered wooden porch and slate roof. The building extends in the rear with a lower roof and two dormer windows.
Creation Year: 1828
Call Number: A917.481 P536 v.4
Creator Name: Stauffer, David McNeely, 1845-1913 - Artist
Castner, Samuel, Jr., 1843-1929 - Compiler