Item No: pdcc00336
Title: University, 9th and Market St.
Historic Street Address:
9th & Market Streets
Print and Picture Collection
The engraving shows the medical department of the University of Pennsylvania. The building was originally built as the "President's House" in 1790 but went unoccupied until it was renovated by the University in 1801. It was finally demolished in 1829 and replaced by twin buildings which housed the University's College and and Faculty of Medicine.
A917.481 P536 v.4
Castner, Samuel, Jr., 1843-1929 - Compiler