Item No: pdcc00239
Title: The "Green-Bank". Mansion. Chester, Pa.
Historic Street Address:
2nd & Welsh Streets
Print and Picture Collection
Below the title is this inscription: From a sketch by J. F. Watson in 1827.
Source : http://history.rays-place.com/pa/del-chester-city.htm
The massive two-and-a-half story stone building was one of the grandest colonial mansions in the city. It was built in 1721 by David Lloyd, an American lawyer and politician from Chester, Pa. Lloyd was William Penn's personal lawyer and served as Chief Justice of Pennsylvania from 1717 to 1731.The mansion was destroyed by an explosion in 1882.
A917.481 P536 v.4
Stauffer, David McNeely, 1845-1913 - Artist
Castner, Samuel, Jr., 1843-1929 - Compiler