Item No: pdcc00245
Title: Chamounix Mansion, West Fairmount Park
Historic Street Address:
3250 Chamounix Drive
Print and Picture Collection
Chamounix Mansion was built in 1802 by Philadelphia merchant George Plumstead as a country retreat. Originally named "Montpelier", it sits on high ground overlooking the Schuylkill River.
Halftone reproduction of original photograph taken from unknown magazine.
A917.481 P536 v.4
Castner, Samuel, Jr., 1843-1929 - Compiler
Plumstead, George, 1765-1805