Item No: pdcc00311
Title: The home of Jesse and Rebecca George, doners of George's Hill.
Print and Picture Collection
Halftone reproduction of photograph printed on newspaper. Shows the house owned by Jesse George, 1785-1873, scion of a Welsh Quaker family who settled in Blockley Township, Pennsylvania in 1708. He and his sister, Rebecca George, donated a tract of 80 acres to the City of Philadelphia. Known as George's Hill, the land was used by the city on which to build a reservoir.
A917.481 P536 v.4
Castner, Samuel, Jr., 1843-1929
George, Jesse, 1785-1873