Item No: pdcc00316
Title: The Old Gulph Mill and Memorial Stone.
Print and Picture Collection
Shown is the Gulph Mill and memorial stone situated in Montgomery County. It was on these grounds in December 1777 that the Continental Army, commanded by George Washington, encamped for six days prior to marching the six miles to Valley Forge. The memorial consists of a large boulder, nine feet in height, taken from the adjacent hill and erected upon a substantial foundation. The Gulph Mill was built in 1747 near Gulph Creek which empties into the Schuylkill River.
A917.481 P536 v.4
Castner, Samuel, Jr., 1843-1929 - Compiler
Washington, George, 1732-1799