Castner Scrapbook v.4, Old Houses 1, (inside back cover)

Historical Images of Philadelphia Castner Scrapbook Collection
Advanced
Castner Scrapbook v.4, Old Houses 1, (inside back cover)

Item Info

Item No: pdcc02075
Title: Castner Scrapbook v.4, Old Houses 1, (inside back cover)
Historic Street Address: 9th & Market Streets
Media Type: Scrapbooks
Source: Print and Picture Collection
Notes:

Item pdcc00336, top [image dimensions 8.8 cm x 21.0 cm]:

http://www.archives.upenn.edu/histy/features/campuses/campus2.html

The engraving shows the medical department of the University of Pennsylvania. The building was originally built as the "President's House" in 1790 but went unoccupied until it was renovated by the University in 1801. It was finally demolished in 1829 and replaced by twin buildings which housed the University's College and and Faculty of Medicine. 

Building demolished: YES ca. 1829


Geocode Latitude: Geocode Latitude:39.951266
Geocode Longitude:-75.154685

Call Number: A917.481 P536 v.4
Creator Name: Castner, Samuel, Jr., 1843-1929 - Compiler