Item No: pdcc02052
Title: Castner Scrapbook v.4, Old Houses 1, page 74
Print and Picture Collection
Item pdcc00310 [image dimensions 10.0 cm x 11.3 cm]:
Halftone reproduction of photograph showing the mansion house with a historic plaque mounted on its facade. The house was built in 1800 by Edward W. Heston, a Revolutionary patriot who founded the village of Hestonville along the Lancaster Pike. The original town plot of Hestonville comprised about one hundred acres, and previous to its consolidation with Philadelphia formed part of the Blockley township. The mansion was demolished in 1901 to make way for a railroad.
A917.481 P536 v.4
Castner, Samuel, Jr., 1843-1929 - Compiler
Heston, Edward W., 1748-1824