Castner Scrapbook v.4, Old Houses 1, page 69

Historical Images of Philadelphia Castner Scrapbook Collection
Advanced
Castner Scrapbook v.4, Old Houses 1, page 69

Item Info

Item No: pdcc02047
Title: Castner Scrapbook v.4, Old Houses 1, page 69
Media Type: Scrapbooks
Source: Print and Picture Collection
Notes:

Item pdcc00305, top [image dimensions 16.5 cm x 21.3 cm]:

Photograph shows store fronts in the building where William Logan once lived. The two upper floors are occupied by the firm of John M. Lutz, manufacturer of, among other things,  Galvanized Iron Cornices. Two metal dog statues sit on a second floor ledge. Other signage advertises W.W.Bozorth, carpenter and builder;  Stevenson, Bro. & Co. seller of lubricating oils and waxes; W. M. Whitehead, lighting fixtures; B.L.Hazelip, card and job printer; J. S. Keller & Co., proprietors.

Building demolished: YES


Notes:

Item pdcc00306, bottom left [image dimensions 15.0 cm x 12.3 cm]:

Caption continues: Built by William Trent between 1701 and 1709, and held by the Hannis family for one hundred and thirty years. Drawn and engraved for the Sunday Dispatch expressly to illustrate Westcott's "History of Philadelphia."

Building demolished: YES


Geocode Latitude: Geocode Latitude:39.947505
Geocode Longitude:-75.146283

Call Number: A917.481 P536 v.4
Creator Name: Castner, Samuel, Jr., 1843-1929 - Compiler
Trent, William, -1724
Hannis family