Item No: pdcc00254
Title: Chalkley Hall. Frankford. 1884.
Print and Picture Collection
Thomas Chalkley (1675-1741), merchant and prominent Quaker preacher, settled in Frankford in the 1720s to escape the unhealthy conditions prevailing in Philadelphia. In 1723 he built a two story house close to Frankford Creek. In 1776 the original house was rebuilt and added to with a three story structure by his son-in-law, Abel James. The building was torn down in the 1920s.
A917.481 P536 v.4
Castner, Samuel, Jr., 1843-1929 - Compiler
Chalkley, Thomas, 1675-1741