Item No: pdcc00099
Title: Musical Fund Hall
Additional Title: Where the National Republican Convention of 1856 was held.
Historic Street Address:
808 Locust Street
Print and Picture Collection
Built by the Musical Fund Society in 1824, the hall became a musical center for the city, and a place where Europe's most prominent musicians performed. In other uses of the hall the National Republican Convention of 1856 was held there, and through the mid-19th Century a steady flow of speakers, entertainers and religious leaders appeared at the hall.
A917.481 P536 v.2
Castner, Samuel, Jr., 1843-1929 - Compiler
Strickland, William, 1788-1854 - Architect