Item No: pdcc00116
Title: Washington Hall
Print and Picture Collection
Washington Hall was the home of the Washington Benevolent Association and was built next to the William Bingham Mansion some time after that building had become the Mansion House Hotel in 1806. Situated on the west side of Third Street above Spruce in the Society Hill section of the city, the Bingham Mansion was built in 1789 by William Bingham, a wealthy merchant, banker and legislator. After Bingham's death in 1804, the mansion was turned into a hotel. After being damaged by fire in 1823 and again in 1847, it was demolished about 1850.
A917.481 P536 v.2
Strickland, George, 1797-1851 - Artist
Castner, Samuel, Jr., 1843-1929 - Compiler