Item No: pdcc00788
Title: Philadelphia Orthopaedic Hospital.
Historic Street Address:
17th & Vine Streets
Print and Picture Collection
Depicts the orthopedic hospital which stood on the northwest corner of 17th & Summer Streets, below Vine Street. The hospital was established in 1867 to treat patients with physical deformities. In 1870, an infirmary for nervous diseases was added. In 1938, the Philadelphia Orthopaedic Hospital and Infirmary for Nervous Diseases, as it became known, merged with the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
A917.481 P536 v.9
Sword, J. B. - Artist
Castner, Samuel, Jr., 1843-1929 - Compiler