Pennsylvania Industrial Home for Blind Women

Historical Images of Philadelphia Castner Scrapbook Collection
Advanced
Pennsylvania Industrial Home for Blind Women

Item Info

Item No: pdcc00801
Title: Pennsylvania Industrial Home for Blind Women
Historic Street Address: Saunders & Powelton Avenues
Media Type: Scrapbooks
Source: Print and Picture Collection
Notes:

Shows a fine brick building, with stone annex, standing at the corner of Saunders and Powelton Avenues in West Philadelphia. The Pennsylvania Institute for Blind Women was one of many charitable  institutions that opened in West Philadelphia during the latter half of the Nineteenth Century. Established in 1868, the institute provided paid employment for blind women in a variety of handicrafts.


Geocode Latitude: Geocode Latitude:39.959427
Geocode Longitude:-75.198691

Call Number: A917.481 P536 v.9
Creator Name: F. Gutekunst, Photographers (Philadelphia, Pa.) - Photographer
Castner, Samuel, Jr., 1843-1929 - Compiler