Item No: pdcc00849
Title: Philadelphia Hospital and Blockley Almshouse
Historic Street Address:
34th & Pine Streets
Print and Picture Collection
Shows the Greek Revival facade of the almshouse in Blockley Township. Designed by architect William Strickland, the building was completed in 1833. It was renamed Philadelphia General Hospital in 1919, but continued to be called "Old Blockley" for decades. The original buildings were gradually replaced by modern facilities, until it was closed in 1977.
A917.481 P536 v.9
Castner, Samuel, Jr., 1843-1929 - Compiler