Item No: pdcc00800
Title: Blind Asylum
Historic Street Address:
20th & Race Streets, Northwest corner
Print and Picture Collection
Shows the Pennsylvania Institution for the instruction of the Blind, which stood at 20th and Race Streets, from 1835. German-born teacher of the blind and visually impaired, Julius Reinhold Friedlander established the institution a few years before it occupied this new building, in 1832.
A917.481 P536 v.9
Castner, Samuel, Jr., 1843-1929 - Compiler