Item No: pdcc00895
Title: Hahnemann Hospital, Surgical Amphitheater
Print and Picture Collection
Halftone reproduction of photograph, published in The Philadelphia Inquirer, April 15, 1948, showing the interior of the surgical amphitheater during a demonstration of an operation by famed surgeon Dr. William B. Van Lennep (fifth from the left foreground). The medical college, first located in the rear of 229 Arch Street, began instruction October 16, 1848.
A917.481 P536 v.9
Castner, Samuel, Jr., 1843-1929 - Compiler