Depicts a busy scene in front of the London Coffee House in colonial times. Opened by William Bradford in 1754 at the corner of Front & Market, the London Coffee House quickly became the place to talk politics and conduct business, including the inspection and auctioning of slaves. Shows a group of three native americans being given a tour of the area, drawing stares of curious onlookers. Also shows an elegant coach and four, on the lower right, and a covered wagon on the left passing William Bradford's printing office. In 1796, James Stokes bought the establishment and converted it into his home and a store. In the following decades until it was torn down in 1883 the old building, which had been the center of business and political life in Philadelphia, housed a variety of businesses.