Item No: pdcc01092
Title: The Turks Head Tavern, 1769
Historic Street Address:
High & Market Streets
Print and Picture Collection
Postcard illustration of The Turks Head Tavern, inset with a detail of the tavern's sign. Erected by John Hoopes in 1769, the tavern and hotel was an important center for military, political, and social discussion for nearly 200 years. The City of West Chester was originally named Turks Head after the name of tavern.
A917.481 P536 v.11
Castner, Samuel, Jr., 1843-1929 - Compiler