Black Horse Inn [graphic] - Delaware CountyHistorical Images of Philadelphia Castner Scrapbook Collection
Item No: pdcc01200
Title: Black Horse Inn [graphic] - Delaware CountyMedia Type: Scrapbooks
Source: Print and Picture Collection
Halftone reproduction of the oldest licensed house in Delaware County. There was a license granted to the building, located near Media, on November 27, 1739. William Noble was the first proprietor, and the name he gave to the place is unknown. It was first known as the "Black Horse" in 1787, and was at that time kept by Richard Cheney.
Clipped from an undated issue of the Philadelphia Record newspaper.
Call Number: A917.481 P536 v.11
Creator Name: Castner, Samuel, Jr., 1843-1929 - Compiler