Item No: pdcc01179
Title: Washington House Hotel
Historic Street Address:
1, Dock Street
Print and Picture Collection
Halftone reproduction of a photograph showing the Washington House, No. 1 Dock Street. Built as a warehouse in 1820, it was converted into a hotel in 1850 by William J. Carlin. The building was demolished to make room for the expansion of the adjoining Pennsylvania Railroad Company's freight house.
Clipped from an unidentified newspaper.
A917.481 P536 v.11
Castner, Samuel, Jr., 1843-1929 - Compiler